Monday, March 4, 2013

VIZA 631 Final Project Proposal

There have been many different interpretations of the snow white tale:





My final project will be an exploration of intertextuality.  I will take the well-known and beloved fairy tale and put it in a different genre  In the process I also hope to examine Jungian archetypes and analyze how they translate (or change) across genres.

I will create a series of character designs/pose sheets for Snow and at least one of the dwarves and designs for some key props.  The final product will be one or two big paintings incorporating everything (environment/character/props).  The style I am going for is grim and gritty.  I will either put the story in the context of a western, or set it in the roaring 20's.  Both of these themes are a break from my usual fantasy content.  My goal is to do a more in depth exploration of everything involved in a film set than I have done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment