Sunday, September 23, 2012

More Phobia Designs....Beginning Color Studies

I need to figure out how these creatures interact.  Is it a predator/prey relationship?  Some of the creatures' anatomy directly inhibits their ability to perceive the feared object (ex. fearful of noise doesn't have ears) so I'm not sure how the feared object would be a threat.  I suppose I could make the feared creature have a way to directly attack what keeps the fearful creature safe (fear of the dark disconnects fearful of the dark's light), but once again I'm not sure how that would work for all of them.

I also need to decide if I want to do these as diptych paintings, or as a bestiary journal.  Either way I like the idea of cataloging their kingdom/phylum/genus/etc.

fear of the dark: the fearful


 ........the feared (I had a lot of trouble with this one.  I needed to come up with something that didn't emit much light, preferred dark environments, but is still somehow visible to the viewer.  I'm not sure if the silhouette is effective).



fear of gaeity: the fearful
 
 ..............the feared



fear of noise: the fearful


...............the feared (this one is my favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment